Fox Entertainment president David Madden told reporters Wednesday that he had hoped to have an “X-Files” announcement to announce on Wednesday.
But alas, as Fox TV Group chairman/CEO Gary Newman told IndieWire later, a deal with stars Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny, as well as executive producer Chris Carter, continues to be a logistic challenge for the network and sister studio 20th Century Fox TV.
As a result, Newman said he doesn’t expect the show to return during the upcoming 2017-18 TV season.
“My expectation is we will not have something next season,” he said. “It could be Fall 2018 or [Winter] 2019. It isn’t impossible that it couldn’t turn around and happen next year, but the clock is getting pretty tight. There’s no negativity, there’s no issues, I think they’d all like to do it. But it isn’t an easy decision for them. We »
- Michael Schneider
Similar News ItemsMichael Jackson (I)
- Love Actually: Close-Up on Albert Brooks’ "Modern Romance" (From MUBI. 20 February 2017, 7:59 AM, PST)
- Exclusive Video: Juan Gabriel, the Late Mexican Superstar, performed as Hologram (From ShockYa. 20 February 2017, 7:33 AM, PST)
- Beverly Hills Police Confirm Child Abuse Claims Involving Presley Family – Tennessee Authorities Investigating (From PEOPLE.com. 18 February 2017, 10:58 AM, PST)
Alec Baldwin (I)
- Tree Crashes Through Ireland Baldwin’s Driveway As Storm Rages Through California (From PEOPLE.com. 17 February 2017, 8:49 PM, PST)
- Hillary Clinton and Kate McKinnon Reportedly Spotted Having Dinner in NYC (From Entertainment Tonight. 17 February 2017, 2:44 PM, PST)
- Match Game: Cancelled or Renewed for Season Three on ABC? (From TVSeriesFinale. 17 February 2017, 12:08 PM, PST)
- First look at Taron Egerton’s Robin in photos from Robin Hood: Origins (From Flickeringmyth. 20 February 2017, 1:15 PM, PST)
- Robin Hood: Origins First Look at Taron Egerton On Set (From MovieWeb. 20 February 2017, 1:09 PM, PST)
- First Set Photos For Robin Hood: Origins Offer A Sneak Peek At Lionsgate’s Reboot (From We Got This Covered. 20 February 2017, 1:00 PM, PST)