Fox Entertainment president David Madden told reporters Wednesday that he had hoped to have an “X-Files” announcement to announce on Wednesday.
But alas, as Fox TV Group chairman/CEO Gary Newman told IndieWire later, a deal with stars Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny, as well as executive producer Chris Carter, continues to be a logistic challenge for the network and sister studio 20th Century Fox TV.
As a result, Newman said he doesn’t expect the show to return during the upcoming 2017-18 TV season.
“My expectation is we will not have something next season,” he said. “It could be Fall 2018 or [Winter] 2019. It isn’t impossible that it couldn’t turn around and happen next year, but the clock is getting pretty tight. There’s no negativity, there’s no issues, I think they’d all like to do it. But it isn’t an easy decision for them. We »
- Michael Schneider
Similar News ItemsMichael Jackson (I)
- Exclusive: Meet the Man Playing the King of Pop in Lifetime's 'Michael Jackson: Searching for Neverland' (From Entertainment Tonight. 24 February 2017, 5:08 PM, PST)
- Leon Ware, R&B Songwriting Legend, Dead at 77 (From PEOPLE.com. 24 February 2017, 9:13 AM, PST)
- Star Wars is Real: Check Out the Scorpion 3 Hoverbike (From TVovermind.com. 23 February 2017, 6:30 AM, PST)
Alec Baldwin (I)
- Americans Are Split on Whether They Want President Trump Impeached — And More Revealing Polls (From PEOPLE.com. 24 February 2017, 2:35 PM, PST)
- Cate Blanchett on Crafting a Career, One Choice at a Time: Awards Season Flashback (From Indiewire. 24 February 2017, 7:45 AM, PST)
- Scarlett Johansson to Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ for Fifth Time (From Variety - TV News. 23 February 2017, 11:28 AM, PST)
- Just How Many Black Actors Have Won an Oscar? The Number Is Disturbingly Low (From BuzzSugar. 24 February 2017, 1:25 PM, PST)
- Set pics surface for that gritty Robin Hood movie starring Taron Egerton (From JoBlo. 24 February 2017, 12:41 PM, PST)
- First Look at Jamie Foxx as Little John in Robin Hood: Origins (From MovieWeb. 24 February 2017, 11:16 AM, PST)